I spent some time looking at the following websites to see how they tackle the challenge of homing rescue dogs.
After looking at a few other animal re-homing charities I noticed a few re-occurring themes.
- Each of these sites uses large high quality images to encourage empathy and a connection between the user and animals
- Responsive design on majority of sites
- Strong branding - colours - logo - mission statement
- Clear layout / CTA's
- Content organised clearly
- Community feeling with events / news / get involved sections
- Donation prominent / wishlist's
- Social media used well - Instagram, Facebook etc.