Goals & challenges
Many Tears Animal Rescue work to re-home dogs that have been used and neglected by puppy farmers. The charity does a lot of really great work to advocate for animal rights and utilises social media well to craft a strong sense of community.
Their website is used to educate people on the plight of puppy farmed dogs, advertise dogs available for adoption and raise money.
I started my investigation of their website by conducting a SWOT analysis to make sure I had a good understanding of what areas of the website are working well and what could be improved.
My initial insights about the website were:
- Feels busy
- Not mobile friendly / unresponsive
- Confused user journey
- Images of dogs are difficult to see
- Dog search is awkward to use
- Messy IA
- Multiple ways to find the same thing- navigation duplication
Keeping these issues in mind some of the main considerations for a re-design include:
- Highlighting important information
- Implementing visual hierarchy
- Focus on usability
- Simplify the IA and user journey